- UoN Conditions of Sale
UoN Conditions of Sale
1.2. Wearwell (UK) Ltd a company incorporated in England & Wales (Registered Number: 02993093) having its Registered Office at Gagarin, Lichfield Road, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B79 7TR] (the “Company”); an
1.3. University of Northampton (the “Customer”) together the “Parties” and each a “Party”
- All orders are subject to acceptance by Wearwell (UK) Limited (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”).
2.1. Acceptance of this acknowledgement is deemed to imply acceptance of the conditions of sale set out in full below.
2.2. No amendment or alteration of these conditions of sale shall be binding upon the Company unless agreement is made in writing and signed by a duly authorised Manager of the Company.
- No liability shall be incurred by the Company if manufacture or delivery of the goods described on this document has been prevented or delayed by reason of strike fire lock out delays of carriers or other sub-contractor or by inability to obtain supplies of materials.
3.1. Notification of delays will be communicated as soon as the Company are made aware of them and all reasonable actions will be made to fulfil any affected orders.
- All orders accepted by the Company are deemed to be firm commitments and are not subject to cancellation except upon terms and conditions which must be agreed in writing between the Company and the person or company ordering the goods.
4.1. Orders will be placed by individual students and staff via the Company’s on-line portal.
- Where the Company undertakes to manufacture garments other than those within its standard range mentioned in the price list issued from time to time the Company reserves the right to consider the order complete when a quantity sufficient to allow a tolerance of within 5% of the ordered quantity has been delivered.
- The Company undertakes that the products to be supplied against the order of which this is an acknowledgement will be substantially as represented and will be free from defects in workmanship and material when despatched from its premises.
6.1. Where pre-shrunk materials are used in the manufacture of products no claim for shrinkage can be entertained which has been caused by unsuitable washing drying lack of pressing or any similar cause.
7.1. All goods sent carriage paid in accordance with minimum order value as stated on the Company’s price list.
7.2. Special carriage requirements will be charged at the applicable rates.
7.3. Carriage is included on all orders valued at over £250.
7.4. Orders of less than £250 will be subject to the current carrier box rate.
7.5. As of June 2018 this is £7.50 per box and will be reviewed annually with any changes being communicated with 30 days notice of any uplift in cost.
7.6. Where possible the Company will always pack mindfully in order to reduce the number of boxes being sent.
7.7. Goods will be consigned by such carriers as the Company may from time to time determine.
7.8. Claims for shortage or non-delivery must be made within 7 days from the date of delivery such claims being submitted in writing.
7.9. Goods accepted shall be signed for on the prescribed document presented by the carrier at the time of delivery and no endorsements upon that document shall be binding upon the Company.
7.10. Goods accepted as “unexamined” will be deemed to be in perfect condition unless the Company and its carriers are notified in writing within 2 days from the date of receipt such notification to detail precise shortages or damage included in the claim.
- Terms of Payment
8.1. Payment to be received within 30 days from date of invoice and are deemed payable unless queried within 30 days of the invoice date.
9.1. All prices are subject to the addition of VAT at the rate ruling at the date invoice.
- Made to Order
10.1. Special made to order (Special Measure) garments and any requested wearer trial or promotional garments will be charged at the appropriate rate and where made specifically for the customer are non-returnable.
10.2. There will be no charge for samples provided as part of the tender process or any subsequent samples used for the sealing process in preparation for production.
- The policy of the Company is one of continuous improvement and the Company reserves the right to amend or withdraw any standard garments at any time without notice.
12.1. Standard garments that are returned within 3 months must be unused and in the original packaging; they will incur a re-stocking charge of 20% of the invoice price.
12.2. Please obtain a ‘Returns’ number from Customer Services for any returns.
12.3. We are unable to accept the return of non-standard garments (i.e special made to measure items) all other items will be returned to the customers stock for re-issue.
12.4. Faulty items are to be reported to The Company within seven days of receipt and The Company will take steps to arrange the return and replacement or full credit of the item.
- Order details including quantity description expected delivery and price will be detailed in the order confirmation provided upon receipt of order via the Company’s on-line portal.
- Where any stocked non-standard garments are superseded by a new or alternative design agreed between the parties the customer will take and pay for any residual superseded stock not later than 30 days after the new design has become available for delivery.
- The customer will give an underwrite to purchase and pay for all stocked non-standard garments and pay no later than 30 days after end of contract or termination of contract.
- The customer will agree all stock levels on non-standard garments before each production run commences.
16.1. A non-standard garment is a garment that has been made specifically for that customer (colour design logo). This will also include standard garments that have been branded or logoed.
- The Company shall retain full ownership of and title to all goods delivered to the customer or any part thereof unless and until such time as the Customer has paid all monies owed to the Company.